Skyship Entertainment™ is an equal opportunity employer and employ personnel without regard to race, colour, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, record of offences, marital status, family status or sexual orientation.
It is our policy to select the best qualified person for each position within our organization on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. This policy applies to all of our employment and personnel practices, including decisions regarding hiring, transfer, promotion, demotion and dismissal.
In addition, Skyship pays compensation based on comparable value and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of gender.
It is currently Skyship Entertainment Company policy to require every person under our employ to be fully vaccinated.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are currently looking to fill the following positions. Please note that due to the high number of inquiries we receive, we are not able to respond to all applications.
Finance Team – Job Posting
JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable/Revenue Data Specialist
LOCATION: Toronto, Liberty Village – in studio
JOB TYPE: Full-time, in-house
Skyship Entertainment™ is looking for a forward-thinking, experienced Accounts Receivable/Revenue Data Specialist to join our rapidly growing entertainment company. Best known for its Super Simple Songs YouTube channel, Skyship Entertainment™ is a digital-first animation and live-action TV production studio focusing on original series and song content for preschoolers and older audiences.
Our 39 YouTube channels, website, and app are home to some of the most well-known and loved children’s content on the internet. With 44+ million subscribers and 45 billion views, our award-winning songs, games, stories, series, and learning videos have become a part of the daily lives of families and teachers everywhere. Super Simple Songs is the #1 YouTube channel in Canada.
Over the past few years, Skyship has expanded beyond YouTube by offering our content on our own Super Simple subscription app, as well as several other popular platforms such as Amazon Prime, Roku, Tubi, and more. We’ve partnered with Warner Chappell to distribute our music and we have international distribution programs with Distribution 360, and UYoung in China. Today we are focused on expanding further into consumer products, educational initiatives, traditional publishing, and film production.
Accounts Receivable/Revenue Data Specialist will be responsible for collecting financial reports from the company’s income streams, verifying the accuracy of the reports and providing data reports to management. Responsible for all invoicing and tracking of accounts receivables. Additionally, support all aspects of the company’s finance team’s efforts. This is an in-house position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Develop a thorough understanding of the contractual arrangements the company has with international partners with regards to streaming, rev share, subscriptions, IP distribution, Public Rights Organizations, consumer products and more.
- Calendarize, track, and maintain those contracts’ obligations
- Collect financial reports, review, validate, and verify the data
- Reconcile revenue received to the revenue anticipated
- Prepare and issue invoices based on contracts and reports received
- Liaise with partners for successful resolutions of outstanding issues
- Work effectively and efficiently with the internal teams and departments as required
- Present regular revenue financial reports to CEO
- Support bookkeeper and office administrator as required
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in finance, with emphasis on accounts receivable
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Google Suite
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail in the preparation of various working papers, and account reconciliations
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Experience in Quickbooks required, payroll and accounts payable modules preferred
- Comfortable working with multiple foreign currencies
- Experience in media industry is a bonus
- Proficiency on Mac preferred
- Must be qualified to work in Canada